Hope you have been keeping well! Exciting news!!
Longbeach PLACE is planning to reopen on Monday 30th November. Centre practices will abide by current government (Federal, State and Local) restrictions.
Longbeach PLACE will be cleaned twice daily (wet areas) and once daily (dry areas). This cleaning will be done by an accredited Covid-19 safe cleaner on weekdays and Saturdays.
We would like group activity volunteers/hirers and teachers to inform Longbeach PLACE about when you would like to resume your group by the 23rd November so that we can arrange room bookings. The centre will then be ready to re-open by 30th November. Please also advise if the group will continue via zoom. Thank-you.
The following procedures are requested to be followed by everyone (general group members/ participants) at Longbeach PLACE:
- Please refrain from entering the Longbeach PLACE building if you have any of the following: *High temperature *A fever or respiratory symptoms *Cold or flu symptoms such as sneezing, coughing or a runny nose *Children or family members with cold or flu symptoms *If you are feeling unwell or have returned home from overseas travel, please do not enter the Longbeach PLACE building until you have completed 14 days of self-isolation. *If you are an older adult with a pre-existing medical condition, please take extra precautions.
- Illness: Please inform us if you have any of the following symptoms as soon as you enter the premises: *Fever *Cough *Cold *Sore Throat If you start to feel unwell during your class, please leave the class. Let your teacher and the office staff know and we will do what we can to help.
- Sign In: Everyone must sign in at reception upon entry to Longbeach PLACE. In addition we are endeavouring to implement QR code readers to use upon entry. After Hours Sign In: Everyone please sign in upon entry to Longbeach PLACE using the book placed next to the hand sanitiser dispenser near reception.
- Payment of Fees: We strongly encourage the payment of ACFE fees by using a credit card or an eftpos card rather than cash. Please note that LBP membership fees for 2021 have been waived to encourage increased community participation.
- Hand and Respiratory Hygiene: Upon entering the Longbeach PLACE building everyone is expected to practice proper hand and respiratory hygiene at all times. Please ensure you use the hand sanitiser upon entry. The dispenser is located to the right as you walk through the single door into the reception foyer. Thank you. Students/participants are encouraged to carry with them their own supply of tissues and hand sanitiser while at Longbeach PLACE.
- Adherence to Room Physical Capacity: Each of the Longbeach PLACE meeting rooms have the following room capacities: Room1: 6 people seated at tables, 3 seated not at tables Room 2: 6 people seated at tables, 3 seated not at tables Room 3: 7 people seated at tables, including the teacher/group leader Room 4: 4 people seated at tables Room 6: 6 people seated at tables, 2 not seated at tables (If as a group activity volunteer/teacher you need to change rooms to allow for more capacity, please contact a member of our staff to organise this and your request will be accommodated if possible).
- Social Distancing: Participants/students are to maintain the recommended 1.5m distance from others.
- Wear a face mask: Please wear a face mask at all times while at Longbeach PLACE.
- Dish Cleaning: Please place used dishes and cutlery into the sink of anti-bacterial water set up in the kitchen. The dishes and cutlery will then be organised to go into the dishwasher by a member of staff. Please feel free to bring your own cup, spoon or water bottle if you prefer.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND SUPPORT THESE MEASURES
Extra Responsibilities for Group Activity Volunteers/Teachers
- Please remind your group/class at the start of each session about keeping 1.5m apart at all times.
- Please keep accurate records for contact tracing should that be necessary, and ask the following questions: *Have you been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19? *Have you returned from overseas recently and self-isolated for 2 weeks?
(LBP will provide a separate form with Yes/No answers for you to complete).
- Hand sanitiser is to be used before using equipment. Regular breaks are to be provided for the purpose of hand sanitising.
- Please organise someone in your group to wipe down chairs/tables after the group/class has finished using the room, or please do so yourself. (Disposable gloves and anti-bacterial wipes will be located in the bottom drawer of the filing cabinet near the copier). Also, please organise someone in your group to place the used cups etc. into the Milton anti-bacterial solution that is set up in the kitchen.
- Ventilation: If you are in a class during office hours please ventilate the room by opening windows if possible to do so. Ventilation is an essential factor in preventing the spread of the Covid virus.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES FOR GROUP ACTIVITY VOLUNTEERS INVOLVED IN PHYSICAL EXERCISE:
Classes will be limited due to restrictions. Participants limited to 7 in Room 6 and 10 in Room 1&2.
All attendees will be expected to wear masks and comply with strict social distancing requirements.
All classes must be pre-booked with the Group Activity Volunteer-no casual attendance available.
Classes will be strictly no contact and no shared equipment will be used.
FOR HIRERS USING LBP PREMISES FOR MULTI-PURPOSE ACTIVITIES:
LBP is a multi-use centre so if you are a hirer please ensure you are Covid compliant in relation to your specific function/activity. You should follow the current Covid Safe guidelines about when you are permitted to resume your activities and what protective measures need to be put in place, particularly where youth are involved in out-of-school activities.
Thank you for your co-operation and support.
Regards from Longbeach PLACE